Monday, February 16, 2009

valentine's day & tomatoes

So, the whole post everyday thing isn't working out... but i realized my life isn't that interesting. 
Actually I've been thinking a lot about self centered people lately and how a lot of them are "popular" & a lot of "popular" people are self centered. I just can't wrap my head around someone who thinks all the world wants to hear about is him or her self.  

ANYWAY..
i tried a tomato for the first time ever on friday night & i have to say... I LOVED IT 
I'm still getting used to having them on a regular basis, and i still don't like a large quantity of them on any given food.  But if you know how picky an eater i am, this is a very big step for me. I can't wait to have a BLT. 

I also had a spectacular valentine's day.  Matty really went above & beyond to make it special.  He gave me yellow roses which matched the hand-painted Gaudi inspired vase he brought for me from Barcelona.  The roses came with this little pill-bottle shaped water container at the end of them that baffled me... florists are really making a lot of progress lately. 

I stayed in bed until 7:30 pm.  This is one of my favorite things to do.  When I have absolutely no obligations on a wekend day (which rarely happens) i love to stay in bed, under the covers ALLLL day!

Then we went to dinner at Brasserie in the Hilton at Christiana.  The food was incredible (i had shrimp scampi) but the service was absolutely terrible.  

When we got back, Matty had all the supplies to make our own chocolate covered strawberries & he even brought Champagne back from Paris which we definitely enjoyed our fair share of! We spent the rest of the night nibbling on our delicious strawberries & watching the first episodes of Arrested Development.  

I have to say, I think I have the best boyfriend in human history thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment