Thursday, February 26, 2009

the cool thing to do... 101 things about me

I borrowed the first few from Em & Kristen because i thought some of the things we had in common were cool! 

1.     I hate the way my pinky toes look.

2.     My lucky number is 5.

3.     I can’t wait to have kids, and I know what I want to name them.

4.     I have never had stitches except for surgery.

5.     I can’t remember which letters follow each other unless I say the alphabet. And I can’t say the alphabet backwards.

6.     I have a lot of trouble donating blood because my veins are tiny and my iron is usually low.

7.     I love surprises.  It's really rare that I get surprised with something, so that makes it even more special.

8.     My favorite gum is Orbit sweet mint.

9.      I lived in 4 different houses during my childhood. 

10.  I have never liked cheese on my sandwiches.  In fact, I usually prefer no condiments either.  Just meat and bread.  

11.  I think rainbow sprinkles taste better than chocolate ones.  

12.  When I was in 3rd grade, we had an "MS Read.a.thon" to benefit a Multiple Sclerosis charity.

                                         The whole school participated and they gave out 3 awards - The kid who read the most books, the kid who read the most pages, 

and the kid who raised the most money.  I won the award for most money raised - I got to go to a Blue Rocks game & meet their mascot & a player. I also got a t shirt which I’m wearing right now.

13.  My dad wanted me to put this on my resume freshman year of college…

14.  I do not download music illegally.

15.  I don't believe in organized religion.

16.  I have never once dyed my hair.

17.  My ring size is a 7, but I usually buy 7.5 so that I can wear rings on my middle fingers too

18.  I am extremely superstitious about wearing a ring on my left ring finger. I will not do it until I’m engaged. I won’t.

19.  My favorite flowers are lilies & orchids. I hate roses.

20.  My favorite colors are purple, green & yellow

21.  My favorite cities are Boston & San Francisco

22.  I collect soda can tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald House – not to get a free keg. If it were to get a free keg, I would have gotten five by now.

                   23.  I love making PowerPoint presentations & my Presentation Strategies professor used my final presentation as an example in her class the next semester.

24.  I was born on the libra/scorpio cusp, but I’m more of a libra

25.  I really want to buy a splashguard for my nalgene but no one around UD sells them… LAME

                                    26.  I don’t like it when everything in my room is in its place… actually, some things don’t even have a place. Being too organized/clutterless is distracting to me.

                             27.  My boyfriend, Matty, is OCD & I always move his tissue box & cologne to see if he’ll notice. He always does & always gets mad at me. I started moving his contact lens solution.

28.  I really think I’m addicted to chocolate. i don’t remember a day recently that I haven’t eaten it…

                                 29.  I work at the computer lab at my school. I’m really good with computers & my whole family calls me with computer trouble, but I feel vastly under-qualified for that job.

30.  I have twenty-two first cousins & out of all of my cousins I have the most cousins, because I’m the only only child.

31.  I tried chicken salad for the first time this month (February) and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite foods

32.  In January I taught myself how to French braid

33.  I recently ran out of fluid in my highlighter for the first time in my life. I’m so proud that I saved the highlighter. It’s pink

34.  Next I plan on finishing a whole chap stick before I lose it

35.  I hate the word soggy & everything it entails

36.  I hate eye  drops & will do everything I can to avoid them.

                             37.  I’m obsessed with weddings even though I think they’re a terrible way to spend money & completely unnecessary.   I’m considering being a wedding planner.

38.  I’m also considering being a chef.

39.  I crave grape juice sometimes

40.  There are certain songs that I have to sing when they come on the radio. There’s quite a few so I won’t list them

41.  If I sing in the shower, I sing the Little Mermaid

42.  I have never owned anything from Abercrombie & Fitch & I’m really proud of it.

43.  My favorite movie is Forrest Gump, and if I get a tattoo it will probably be a feather because of the opening & closing of this movie.

44.  A lot of my friends think I resemble a koala. I agree with them

45.  My favorite animals are pigs, elephants, and dolphins.

46.  I know a lot of random information that is of no use to anyone.

47.  I’m not a huge fan of spicy food.

48.  I tried a tomato for the first time this month (February) & it was actually the same time I tried Chicken salad

49.  I cannot die until I go to Thailand

50.  I get my hair relaxed & I’m the only white person I know that has to do this.

51.  I hate public speaking

52.  I’m a liberal

53.  I’m very opinionated

54.  I take Cider Vinegar tablets to help my digestion

55.  I met Jack Markell & the President of my University in the same day

56.  I lose EVERYTHING

57.  I’m a light-weight. BIG TIME

58.  I’ve been to Ireland three times

59.  I didn’t want to go to college when I was in high school. Now I want to go to grad school & culinary school.

60.  I have “5 million” quote books.

61.  My suitemate/one of my best friends, Steph, just rattled off the last eleven facts when I asked her for help

62.  I’ve always wanted to own a macaw, but I hate birds

63.  I hate hanging clothes.

64.  I have a fish named Biggie (Christopher Wallace) Smalls.

65.  I am really good at geography because my 8th grade social studies teacher made us map the world by heart in seven days.

66.  When I was in 5th grade my English teacher made us memorize all of the prepositions in a song.

67.  I love canoeing down the Brandywine River & I’ve been doing it since I was 5, almost yearly.

68.  I love Dr. Pepper

69.  I have a history crush on John Locke

70.  I have literary crush on Ralph Waldo Emerson

71.  I have a lime green umbrella

72.  I locked myself in the trunk of my car once.

73.  I also got stuffed in a locker once..

74.  I’m extremely claustrophobic.

75.  I’m afraid of fireworks. Apparently I had a bad experience when I was younger but I don’t remember it

76.  I have a hot pink retainer.

                        77.  10 of my permanent teeth never developed in my gums. I still have 8 baby teeth (2 were pulled). I never got any reparations from the tooth fairy & I’m obviously still bitter about it.

78.  My grandparents are from Ireland & they still have a bit of their accent. 

79.  My grandparent’s fiftieth wedding anniversary was in 2007. They’re the happiest couple I know.

80.  I’ve seen both of my grand parents drunk.

81.  I check post secret every day even though I know it won’t be updated until Sunday.

82.  I think Sunday is the end of the week, not the beginning.

83.  I don’t have a tv in my dorm room

84.  I love game shows, especially Jeapordy & I would love to be a contestant.

85.  I had an English teacher who proudly falsified over 150 Wikipedia articles to discourage her students from using the website as a source.

86.  I write on a 10th grade writing level. The average American writes on a 7th grade level.

87.  I never hold a mug by its handle. My mom got me a mug that has a pocket instead of a handle – it’s one of the coolest things I own

88.  The front pocket of my book bag has had a tube of hand lotion, a tube of aquaphor and a squeeze pop for the entire semester.

89.  I love my iPod touch.

90.  I hate the color red

91.  I like to wear flowers in my hair. And I have done so in san Francisco

92.  I love my Mac & find it very hard to use a PC now.

93.  My face wash is called Sweet Japanese Girl

94.  I’m thoroughly unorganized but I love to make lists.

95.  I wouldn’t have passed Econ or statistics if it weren’t for my private tutor Matty

96.  I loved my intro to sociology professor so much that I picked up a soci minor & I’m taking him again this semester

97.  I love moccasins & I’ve even owned an authentic pair.

98.  I went to a healing mountain in Sedona AZ with my mom & we got a picture of our auras taken

99.  Mine was green & I was really mad at the time, but I think it’s pretty accurate now that I’m older. My aura’s probably changed since then.

100.        One of my favorite gifts I’ve ever received is a vase made out of magazines Kelsey got me for graduation

101.        I wear glasses… sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I also love John Locke, and just took an entire exam on him and a few other old guys!! Also, I never knew that you got your hair relaxed, or that you also don't eat cheese on your sandwiches :D Awesome list!!

    ReplyDelete