Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Celebrating!

So yesterday is a close competitor for the best day of my life thus far.

It all started when a best friend gave me some news [which is incredibly relieving] & from then on I knew it was going to be a good day for both of us. I told her it was a day to celebrate & she agreed but I didn't know the extent to which my words would ring true throughout the day.

About 20 minutes after I got this life changing (for the better) news from my friend, I returned a voicemail & was offered the internship that I interviewed for over spring break. This is the one that's perfect because it's only 10 - 15 hours per week & involves the career path I'm most seriously considering right now even though I seriously don't know what I want to do with my life

About 2 hours after that I headed off to an interview for the study abroad trip I applied for called "Around the World." I was quite nervous because I want to go on this trip almost more than anything else I want for myself. As soon as I walked in the door, the professor says to me "You already have a spot on the trip, but if you don't do well in this interview you won't anymore." Well I guess I did alright because at the end she congratulated me & informed me that I would be accompanying her to Egypt, Ethiopia, Thailand, India & Jordan!

That was enough for me. Even one of those three things is the makings for a great day. But that's not even the end of it!

I also found out later in the evening that I'm receiving an award from the Leadership Department (my major) on Honors Day. Last year I got a "student of promise" award, but I don't know what it is this year...

Yesterday was a day that I felt like all of my hard work is paying off, my world is coming together. I felt accomplished & successful & i still feel that way. But today was more of a struggle. I am DEFINITELY not letting today's events get me down though. Not at all.

1 comment: