Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Autumn Changes

School is back in session! I can't wait to get back into a real routine! School always brings out the hyper-organized, almost anal part of my personality. And right now, I'm having a ton of fun organizing things and getting my life and surroundings into something that resembles a structure. Look at all these lists I started keeping! (I LOVE lists.) These don't even include my to do list in my planner (which is by far the lengthiest).




I don't know if you can tell, but I'm wearing my hair parted in the middle today. This is a huge change for me. I don't think I've done that since I was 8. I probably won't be doing it often, but it's funny how something so small can make a person feel so different!




I knew it wouldn't take long, but I am forced to change my 4 Simple Goals for autumn. My camera was stolen from me by my mother, and by stolen I do mean I willingly let her borrow it for a while. And my Holga, which I just bought, already seems to be in disrepair. (Matt has vowed to help me fix it.) Also, when I said that I would stretch every morning, I didn't fully take into account that I have work at 8 in the morning twice per week. So I think that stretching any time throughout the day will suffice.

In place of taking a picture everyday (at least until I get my camera back) I hereby vow to do something crafty every weekend. I have a whole list of crafts that I've been dying to try out & I haven't and I won't unless I make time for it! So that's that.
I've been doing really well with my Sunday to-do list (except for this past sunday because I had a very impromptu, very long trip to see my dad and my list usually takes the whole day to complete), and I've also listened to a ton of new music that I plan to share in a separate post someday soon.

Also, I'm thinking about getting myself a time-slot on the student radio station here at school. I wouldn't be on the FM channel, but on the online streaming channel - a little less pressure. I need a good overall concept for my show, and perhaps a co-host. But I think that I'll do a different musical concept every week. This plan is contingent upon a lot of things, especially my clearing time in the good old schedule. But I think it will be a worthwhile thing to do, and it will make me happy.

There are so many things I am looking forward to this autumn. Pumpkin spice lattes and leaves changing colors, a challenging (but hopefully rewarding) semester, turning 21, the delivery of a very special little blessing, figuring out life plans and taking the first real steps to making my dreams come true. It is going to be such a magical time, and I couldn't be more thrilled that it's all happening so soon!

1 comment:

  1. eeeeee! this post just made me excited to get organized myself. plus the delivery of the special blessing (if we're thinking of the same thing) i am SO excited for. like, bursting with anticipation!

    please, please post your new music!! i need some good new tunes.

    i can totally see you having your own radio show. you'd need a kickass co host... someone who compliments your style of speaking/giving your opinion. what do you mean by different musical concept? i'm curious!

    also, i look like i'm 8 year old too when i part my hair in the middle. :-)

    ReplyDelete